Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Herman Cain Says He Can Win 1/3 of the Black Vote

Presidential candidate Herman Cain speaks to delegates during the Republican Party of Florida Presidency 5 Convention in Orlando. He won the straw poll.

It appear that Herman Cain believes that he can get 1/3 of the black vote away from President Barack Obama.  On Fox News, Cain said that he is confident that he can surprise his base by winning over the African American community.

Cain had this to say:

"The African-American vote, I am confident, based upon black people that run into, black people that used to call my radio show, black people that have signed up on my website to support me. I believe, quite frankly, that my campaign, I will garner a minimum of a third of the black vote in this country and possibly more," Cain said.

Cain slammed Obama's recent passionate defense of his record at a Congressional Black Caucus gala this weekend, saying the president's pitch didn't go over well with many black Americans.

No comments: